Sunday, October 31, 2010

Self Defense And The Law Of Attraction

Today's post is about a subject that I really enjoy talking about! I am fascinated by all of the universal laws that our realities are governed by and particularly the law of attraction, also called the law of resonance.  

Simply stated, the law of attraction says that what ever we are in resonance with will manifest in our lives given constant focus and attention from us. In other words, that which we give our attention to will eventually become our reality!

The subtleties of this law can trick us into believing it doesn't exist because unless we are in alignment consciously and unconsciously what will manifest is what we believe at the hidden or unconscious level first because that is what really runs our lives and realities. A lot of times we can say and believe what we want to manifest in our lives at the conscious level but they are blocked by our powerful subconscious programs.

If you take this concept and apply it to self defense you can see it in action from both perspectives. In my earlier experiences in life I encountered many bullies growing up and developed an unconscious fear of the eventual encounters with them but at the conscious level I had very little fear of being attacked and just thought it came with the living environment I was growing up in. Yet, I was attacked more than most and even though I wanted peace, safety and freedom from these situations I kept being drawn into violent encounters like a magnet.

What I did at the time to try and help minimize these situations was to join a gym and become strong and physically imposing in hopes that it would deter potential bullies from messing with me. The actual truth of the matter is that it created more encounters or challenges because I had a more threatening appearance.

Years later I joined a Kung Fu San Soo class with Master Robert Phillips and began learning what he was teaching. After about six months of this I felt consciously that I could handle a lot more encounters than before and started to feel (I thought) more confidence. I was visiting a friend in the Bay Area (San Jose, CA) when I was rear ended by a couple of guys that later attacked me in the encounter. Long story short, I actually broke a guys arm with a block and then was able to flee the situation without further violence.

What I learned from this is that even though I felt confident at the conscious level there was still something going on at the unconscious level that was still drawing the violence to me. About 4-5 years into my training I realized that I was no longer attracting violence and wanted to look at this in more detail. As soon as I focused my attention on this subject of "why an I no longer attracting violence" I had another encounter that was violent which I now know I created by focusing on why it WASN'T happening anymore ..... this is also the law of attraction in action!

I continued to train with the conscious thought of learning so much about self defense that I never had to defend again and have been doing this for over 12 years. In that time I have had several possible encounters that ended without a punch or kick ever being thrown! Around this time we have had the "Law of Attraction" and the principles surrounding this law shown to us more and more and I began to see the correlations to my own situations.  

Somewhere along the training curve I actually "BECAME" what I was wanting with certainty which means that both my conscious and unconscious thoughts are now in resonance with each other and so I do not attract violence in the same way as I used to!

So the moral of today's post is; always begin your conscious thoughts with peace, love, gentleness and understanding and learn to be certain of that intention. 

Over time you will get the opportunity to see if you are in alignment with what you are asking for and more importantly, if you are not in alignment (still having violence in your life) you will get constant opportunities from the universe to "BECOME" the peace, love, gentleness and understanding you are seeking!

No comments: